Upper School Science (Physics) Teacher
Ursuline Academy is seeking a full-time Upper School Science Teacher for the 2018-2019 school year. We are looking for an experienced and passionate Physics Teacher to join our science team. In addition to teaching multiple levels of Physics (including AP), candidates qualified to teach in other STEM areas are strongly preferred.
The ideal candidate has:
- Earned a Bachelor’s in Physics or related STEM field; master’s degrees preferred
- At least 2 years Upper School science teaching experience;
- A positive, professional, collaborative work style
- The ability to educate in an engaging manner
- A passion for innovation, collaboration and participation in a community of learning
- The dedication to ensure the spirit and life of the school mission
We seek candidates who embrace learner-driven approaches/pedagogy; who aim to use a cross-curricular, transdisciplinary approach and actively seeks collaborative approaches with teachers within and outside the department. Our ideal candidate is proactive in setting up a student-centered classroom environment that goes beyond the lecture format and who utilizes lab-based instruction for a significant portion of the instructional time.
Interested candidates should email your resume and cover letter by August 8th to: email@example.com. Please put “US Science (Physics) Teacher” in the Subject line of your email.
Gina M. Klempa
Phone: 302.658.7158 (Ext. 6211)
Growth. Values. For Life.